Thank you for your interest in obtaining Free College Credit from St. Petersburg College for your previous academic work at a high school or technical center or achievement of a gold standard industry certification.
Terms and Conditions for Free College Credit
1. Students will not be charged any fees for the awarding of credits covered by this agreement.
2. Students are still responsible for the $40 college application fee.
3. High school students must submit official school transcripts to SPC Central Records for validation of coursework. Technical school students must submit a valid Certificate of Completion to SPC Central Records for validation of program completion.
4. To be eligible to receive the college credit, students must enroll at SPC in the Associate of Science degree* or Certificate program that correlates to their high school / technical school program of study within 2-3 years (depending on the SPC program) after graduation or within 3 years of obtaining their industry certification. Some programs may have additional conditions before credits may be awarded.
*Computer literacy credits may also apply towards an Associate in Arts degree.
5. A grade of 'P' will be given for the awarded college credit.
6. Awarding of free credit is dependent upon student's completion of the high school / technical school program of study with an grade of B or higher in each of the articulated courses and upon student's earning an unweighted GPA overall of 2.5 or better.
Please complete all of the following fields to ensure prompt processing.
If you have any questions or comments about this form, please contact Tonita Cheese at Cheese.Tonita@spcollege.edu or call (727) 302-6525
St. Petersburg College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information visit www.spcollege.edu/eaeo/. St. Petersburg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.